Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

London Day 1

Firstly, I gotta say I love British airlines. On a six hour flight there were three beverage services (including free booze), a three course dinner, muffins for breakfast and "sweets" just before landing. Also, the stewardesses have really kept themselves up. Never have I seen more Bump-It and Bun combos in my life.

After much tribulation and an exceptionally rude customs employee I headed back to Shae's flat, entourage in tow (Shae, Val and Lindsay). Val and Lindsay were off to Paris today. I'll catch up with them next week. Shae and I hit up a bike shop slash cafe for lunch followed by a 3 hour nap, a pub visit and some delicious kebab (which here is in fact not meat on a stick but rather meat in a pita with various delicious things on top... my new favorite post-pub food) heading to bed relatively early in the hopes of catching up to London time by morning.
Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Luckily there are also Doner Kebab restaurant here in the US too! Now that you know what they are, you can keep an eye out for them. Still tastier in Europe, though. But I must admit that I did get sick of them while I was living in France.

    ReplyDelete